Best tool storage bench?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you need a bench and tool storage in the one unit ? Also what is it that you will be doing, that bigdug bench looks lightweight and the price gives it away so no good if you use traditional woodworking tools. Have you considered making your own bench ?

Do you need a bench and tool storage in the one unit ? Also what is it that you will be doing, that bigdug bench looks lightweight and the price gives it away so no good if you use traditional woodworking tools. Have you considered making your own bench ?
Thanks for the reply. I already have a traditional sturdy woodworking workbench with vice etc. I was looking at a 2nd bench for other tasks that doesn't include sawing, planing etc. Also I could do with some storage so I figured a workbench with storage would be a good 2 in 1 option.

the blue fronted cabinets
he did purchase a complete kit
he has 3 small cab over the top cabinet of the bench
then he has 2 under the bench draw sets and in the middle a cab on wheels
then he has 2 full height single cab
and another bench with 2 cabs underneath
i think thats it
to keep costs down
He made the benches out of birch ply and varnish with another bit on top as a waste
back in 2018ish (before birch ply went up in price) purchased over a year as funds become available
he also made up a peg board and french cleat system

Last edited:
For a practical cost effective solution most use free to take away kitchen cabinets, not as sturdy as that one maybe but easily beefed up.
Surprised that it doesn’t come with some form of a plinth to stop shavings and everything else from going under there though.

Latest posts

Back