Keir Starmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What news do you want?
If they could send humans to the moon in the 20th Century, then surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility in the 21st Century to negotiate/ resolve the GFA/ECHR issues unless one wants to see them as an issue which can't be resolved in order to protract the UK's link with the EHCR.
I'll wager now the strongest proponents of staying in the ECHR are those who voted remain in the Brexit referendum.

The UK doesn't need people like that in charge of any negotiations if the UK is ever to progress as a fully independent nation. We saw how flawed Brexit negotiations were on the run up to leaving the EU.
The UK was in a prime position to call the shots but failed miserably due to weak negotiators.
The EU is a failing entity so why pin one's colours to the mast of a sinking ship?

Oh come on, surely you can be a bit more responsive than that? Man on the moon stuff is not an answer...to anything.
Tell us how these GFA/ECHR issues can be resolved, in your opinion, if it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
Thanks.

True, but to bear in mind that alternatives such as the US system cost their tax payers far more per head and provide a far worse service for the many (not the few).
The NHS pays to send people off to the private sector for many routine ops, hip/knee transplants, hernias etc which means we the tax payer are paying for this and also the NHS is left with the less routine and more expensive stuff, so its a double whammy to some extent.
I'm down for the Nuffield Trust for an op some time soon (18weeks or less as contracted to NHS) which won't cost me a bean except for any extras I feel need. Anaesthetics included (y) but local plus sedation :oops: .
Some of the routine ops farmed out cost less than being done by the NHS (not certain if extra payments for people unable to work because of needing the op are included in the calcs)and frees up NHS doctors to concentrate on the more complicated ops! Personally think a greater integration between the NHS and private services would deliver better results for all if you could find the right people to oversee it!

I have to admit I've been disappointed with the news that Starmer et al have been accepting said gifts; not specifically because they're evidence of major corruption - more just naivety.

If you're so inclined, I can understand the attraction of getting the proverbial brown envelope stuffed with cash (it's corrupt, but it's "worth it"). Accepting a few event tickets and the odd bit of clothing however has very little in the way of benefit, but can still easily look as though you're being bought. It more just strikes me as poor judgement - either be fully corrupt and profit from it, or simply refuse to receive any freebies (in order to remove any chance of accusations of impropriety).
Yebbut...he's the Prime Minister FFS !!

As things keep emerging, we don't know the full extent of the starmer gang's corruption yet. We do know that the train drivers really deserved a huge pay rise and that all pensioners are too rich.
You need to flag up the sarcasm, AJB, as the Kneelers do not understand sarcasm. (y)

That's a view I can't agree with.

Well over £100,000 is hardly "a few event tickets and the odd bit of clothing". But of course as Starmer said in interview he "wouldn't be able to take his boy to a football match" otherwise..... Oh poor fella I forgot he's a working man and can't afford to buy his own tickets in contrast to the vast majority of genuine fans who scrimp and save to go to matches. Plus of course he has to bribe his missus with new free clothes as well.

How on earth does the above have "very little benefit"? That's just laughable, how much have you spent on clothes recently and if you received them as gifts as part of your employment/self employment they would be liable to tax.

If it walks and quacks like a duck it's a bl.oo.dy duck.
Bloody good reply, marra. ;)

Well over £100,000 and still counting Sploo which puts him in the same league as some of the Tory MPs in my book along with Sturgeon in Scotland.
If you look at Starmer's freebies (as well as other MPs from various parties) the face value is underestimated anyway as if he bought them himself it would be from earned income at the higher rate jaut as we have to do.

I think Lord Ali has a sense of humour though and must dislike Rayner when you see some of the outfits she wears. I've seen better dressed circus clowns. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe she's hoping to get the award for Bag Lady 2024 ?

....... frees up NHS doctors to concentrate on the more complicated ops! ....
Have you actually looked at who a lot of the private doctors are ? They also work/are employed by the NHS. The whole area is grey. I went for a life insurance medical. It was carried out by an NHS consultant wearing his 'private' hat on and inside a room in an NHS hospital !

I may be asking a silly question but why is this thread on this forum?
It’s in the ‘General Chat Off Topic’ section.

Anything posted in any section of the forum is ‘self-selected’ not ‘force-fed’.

Forum users have a range of choices in any section on any topic:

Ignore.
Read and ignore.
Read and respond, either directly to the originator or in the thread.

We’re all human, but on the whole, most users, most of the time, who disagree with the standpoint others, try to do so without being disagreeable. If we aren’t able to do that, the moderators, (who cut us a lot of slack), will see to it that we do.

Basically, it’s and echo chamber - not a snake pit.

The way I see it, is that an hour on here for me, is an hour’s peace and quite for my wife, who’s put up with my home-spun wisdom for 63 years. I guess it could be termed ‘care in the community’. :)

David.

( Duty Windbag).

Latest posts

Back