Addicted to Fisherman's Friend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is this something I should seek help for. I offer them out at work and I get some very strange and occasionally horrified looks. I think I was even called a weirdo by one team member.

Any other addicts out there?

Racers":1yddu1fe said:
Stop asking "do you want to suck a fisherman's friend"

Pete

Now I understand the funny looks I get, especially, from the guys. A couple of the women in the office where taken back, and smiled but then looked disappointed when I handed them a lozenge

When I was at college we had an unwritten rule, if you were caught eating sweets during a lecture you had to hand them around, so me and one of my mates bought fishermans friends, strangely no one including the lecturer wanted any!

Baldhead

My boss made me chuckle. I pulled a pack out in a meeting and offered them around. His response was 'God, there old school. My Nan used to have those'. Made me chuckle

I use original Buckley's Mixture as my cough syrup and never need worry that others have used it up. Menthol blast doesn't bother me , but everyone who sees me toss back a slug does the shuddering for me. On the road I also use extra strength Fishermans Friend and a small shot rum bottle of the Buckley's in the pocket.

Is this something I should seek help for. I offer them out at work and I get some very strange and occasionally horrified looks. I think I was even called a weirdo by one team member.

Mate, my addiction is serious. I'm currently 7 days in to an abstinence from FFs. Every time I think about them my mouth starts watering. I was on two packets a day. The only reason it was only two packets, not ten, is because I exercised a great deal of will power. My standard was four FFs in the one go, and would usually stop myself at a max of three rounds. Worried about getting diabetes. I once finished a packet in an hour. Even though I have been off them roughly a week I still buy a multipack everytime I'm in the supermarket. I'm stockpiling them.

Mate, my addiction is serious. I'm currently 7 days in to an abstinence from FFs. Every time I think about them my mouth starts watering. I was on two packets a day. The only reason it was only two packets, not ten, is because I exercised a great deal of will power. My standard was four FFs in the one go, and would usually stop myself at a max of three rounds. Worried about getting diabetes. I once finished a packet in an hour. Even though I have been off them roughly a week I still buy a multipack everytime I'm in the supermarket. I'm stockpiling them.

You both need help and probably false teeth. ;)

Fisherman's Friend main ingredients: menthol and sugar. The menthol promotes tooth erosion and the sugar stimulates the bacterial attack on the tooth surface.

When I was at college we had an unwritten rule, if you were caught eating sweets during a lecture you had to hand them around, so me and one of my mates bought fishermans friends, strangely no one including the lecturer wanted any!

Baldhead
Same with wonderful Dutch salted liquorice. You can generally eat them undisturbed by others wanting to raid your lolly pot. Also, very good for a sore throat especially when followed up with a glass on geneva.

My sister had Danish au pairs (in NZ) and my b.i.l. married a Dane - they all made Black Pig, made by dissolving certain black cough sweets in vodka. I can't remember what they are called.

My sister had Danish au pairs (in NZ) and my b.i.l. married a Dane - they all made Black Pig, made by dissolving certain black cough sweets in vodka. I can't remember what they are called.
Salmiakki is made by dissolving salty liquorice in vodka- makes for an interesting short

Back