A wooden bandsaw ... scary ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not arguing, it's just my opinion.
If this is the type of thing you find to be fun, that's great.
Oh wait, I'm repeating myself but you guys don't seem to listen.

There are many reasons, which I won't get into, why we no longer make these machines from wood. Whether or not you make it yourself, doesn't make it any more viable, if it did, we would see many more of them. as "hobbyists would be building them to save money.

I'm not sure who brought up "hobby" into this conversation but;
"an hourly rate below minimum wage"
If you're a "hobby" woodworker and don't keep track of time or materials, that may be true.
If you are skilled woodworker and sell things at a premium price, that's a whole different story.
What percentage of people on this forum sell things they make in their workshop and make a living from it vs those that do it as a hobby?

What percentage of people on this forum sell things they make in their workshop and make a living from it vs those that do it as a hobby?
Maybe you should ask how many members think building their own machinery from wood is something they're interested in perusing.
You don't have to be a hobbyist to build your own shop tools/machines. I've built router tables and plenty of other things but they are things that aren't available in a retail store.

Back