7th CARLTON SCROOP Vintage Handtool Extravaganza 12 Oct 2024

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
https://www.oldhandtools.co.uk/blog/7th-hand-tool-extravaganza

Crikey Charlie, is it that time of year again?

Yes, "The Scroop" is upon us shortly with a delightful mix of looking at, talking about or buying tools.
The social side of this event shouldn't be underestimated either as its a wonderful place to catch up with old friends and make new acquaintances .
I'm hoping to once again be in attendance with a table display.
So, DON'T book your tickets, it's FREE
DON'T pay for your parking in advance, it's FREE
Light refreshment available but for those with a healthy appetite a pack up is recommended for when the event is over as eating often interrupts the conversation....
Cheers, Andy

extravaganza-oct-2024.jpg

Even further away for me, which is probably a good thing, as I can't be tempted. :giggle:
However, when I was teenager, it would only have been a bike ride away.
It always brings a smile to my face , hearing these quaint, old. Lincolnshire village names mentioned. It brings to mind the likes of - Kirkby la Thorpe and Ashby Puerorum.:unsure:

Do it , Make it a day out , Lots of very interesting hand tools and knowledgable people who
Are willing to speak with you, Take some sandwiches with you as last time I went it was cake only
Not good if you are diabetic .
Thanks for the recommendation - I've put it in my diary. Hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Also it is not just a tool selling gathering, Lots of tools are not for sale and are shown by their owners with pride, some very rare and " If " they were for sale very expensive . I am nearly talking myself into this.
Where else would I have had the chance to handle a Stanley Nr 1 😍😂

Thank you @Blister for putting the case for going. I had a great few hours there today. Great things to see. Some tools I'd only seen before in photos, and some I'd not seen before. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the historical exhibits. But by far the best part of my time was chatting to fellow enthusiasts. And I got away with only buying a couple of chisels and a veneer hammer.

Another great event, some fantastic tools for sale and on display. Never tire of looking at the display of chariot and miter planes. Thanks to the organisers for putting on the event.

Back