7th CARLTON SCROOP Vintage Handtool Extravaganza 12 Oct 2024

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
https://www.oldhandtools.co.uk/blog/7th-hand-tool-extravaganza

Crikey Charlie, is it that time of year again?

Yes, "The Scroop" is upon us shortly with a delightful mix of looking at, talking about or buying tools.
The social side of this event shouldn't be underestimated either as its a wonderful place to catch up with old friends and make new acquaintances .
I'm hoping to once again be in attendance with a table display.
So, DON'T book your tickets, it's FREE
DON'T pay for your parking in advance, it's FREE
Light refreshment available but for those with a healthy appetite a pack up is recommended for when the event is over as eating often interrupts the conversation....
Cheers, Andy

extravaganza-oct-2024.jpg

Even further away for me, which is probably a good thing, as I can't be tempted. :giggle:
However, when I was teenager, it would only have been a bike ride away.
It always brings a smile to my face , hearing these quaint, old. Lincolnshire village names mentioned. It brings to mind the likes of - Kirkby la Thorpe and Ashby Puerorum.:unsure:

Do it , Make it a day out , Lots of very interesting hand tools and knowledgable people who
Are willing to speak with you, Take some sandwiches with you as last time I went it was cake only
Not good if you are diabetic .
Thanks for the recommendation - I've put it in my diary. Hopefully I'll be able to make it.

Also it is not just a tool selling gathering, Lots of tools are not for sale and are shown by their owners with pride, some very rare and " If " they were for sale very expensive . I am nearly talking myself into this.
Where else would I have had the chance to handle a Stanley Nr 1 😍😂

Back