Workshop Insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKB

Reaction score
Hi All. Has anyone any experience or advice regarding building and/or contents insurance for DIY home workshops? I have a 12 x 28ft wooden workshop with £15k+ of tools and machinery, which general building insurance policies seem happy to exclude. Are there any home insurers or specific ’workshop’ policies out there that anyone can recommend? Many thanks 😀

I don’t think it’s the case that sheds are commonly excluded - some insurers may but it’s more that a limit is applied.

This may help …

https://www.comparethemarket.com/home-insurance/content/shed/

Most of the “mainstream” insurers are looking for standard risks as assessing individual circumstances and amending policy terms adds complexity and cost. It’s really a case of looking at what their cover and limits are individually.

Insurers that are more likely to look at bespoke needs would include the likes of NFU and Hiscox.

I need to double check my insurance which is coming up for renewal but I went through Saga insurance and they had no limit on contents in outbuildings.
I hope that's still the case🤞

Latest posts

Back