Workbench pull out extension for router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve carved out the back of my shed for woodworking and I’m generally happy with it, though I’m sure I’ll continue to tinker.

The problem I’m trying to solve now is how to standup up a router table and a good place for the small Festool table saw.

My thought is to have arms that could be secured in the small gap under the mft/3 table and above the plywood bench top.

I’m not sure how to make the arms though. Could be heavy duty draw runners, could be mild steel bars that I take out when not in use, but then need an easy may to secure them and remove them. Perhaps neither of this are great and I should find a folding table or similar.

Very interested in people’s thoughts and opinions.

IMG_5707.jpeg

IMG_5706.jpeg

Could you drop a router insert into the MFT top?
I'd be tempted to cannibalise a computer desk slide to put the table saw below the mft and lift it out when needed

Could you drop a router insert into the MFT top?
I'd be tempted to cannibalise a computer desk slide to put the table saw below the mft and lift it out when needed
I’ve tried and inset router plate, but I wasn’t a fan. As for computer desk slide, that’s what I was thinking, but with some very heavy duty runners, something that can take 80kg, will hopefully not flex

Back