Work so hard you cripple yourself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People don't need to agree, just debate rationally without the blaming. Blaming the tories for everything, as some are wont to do (and then criticising others for tribalism) without seeing the irony just makes the thread unattractive to participate in. The UK is a small participant in a complex global economy that we have little or no control over and so blaming politicians is simplistic.

All politicians are elected. Compromise is usually better than conflict, and would probably better represent the majority of the electorate.

The UK is a small participant in a complex global economy that we have little or no control over and so blaming politicians is simplistic
other countries have managed to achieve better standard of living and better public services……so why do we have no control but they do?

In the last 45+ years this country has ended up with worse standard of living and worse public services than equivalent economies.

But we aren’t allowed to blame the party that has been in power for most of the last 45 years?

Jeez. The joke's on you lot. You are voting in an entirely undemocratic system controlled by the old boys.... Even worse when the luvvies do vote they vote for a knight of its kingdom. Laughable. Get yourself informed! Don't vote then the system has to change!

^^ Time and motion studies, usually devised by people who haven't done manual labour and and are in overpaid positions. It's a heartless concept, that should have been consigned to history, and in my mind it is little better than slavery.
Type of thing a tory would come up with.

I hope you're kidding.
In my time, with an electricity board, as an apprentice, we went through Time and Motion studies. We were all apprehensive about whatefect it migh have on our salaries. It tuned out that salaries were unaffected by productivity. That the times used by the T&M guys were to generous. When I ended my apprenticeship and took on on full time role the bonuses earned through productivity were always at ninety-something percent.
After, a few years the board consolidated the bonus, at the levels we'd been getting, and life moved on.

It was the Tories that were power at the time (1964 - 1970) and I thank them for that.

other countries have managed to achieve better standard of living and better public services……so why do we have no control but they do?

In the last 45+ years this country has ended up with worse standard of living and worse public services than equivalent economies.

But we aren’t allowed to blame the party that has been in power for most of the last 45 years?
Nice but not true. I look around and see good jobs, fair pay and people with good cars, houses and frequent holidays abroad. 45 years ago, you wouldn't have seen much of that in the UK.

Now, we'll have a Labour government for a term, before the populace remember just how bad they are and then, hopefully, we'll get back to normal with a resumption in the growth of the economy and investment together wih the reduction of the national debt caused by the pandemic.

We'll move on... and the cycle of Labour interrupting the Tories, briefly, carries on.

.....(And I got a good look down their chest which made the delivery quite fun!!)
This is the sort of low grade harassment that all of our wives, daughters, sisters, mothers and too many of our friends are subjected to in daily life.
To the men on this forum: discuss this post with your wives and daughters and wake up !
To @flying haggis : someone should have taught you that this isn't acceptable behaviour never mind something to something to snigger about.

And if anyone even hints at the woke word in response to this, you're gone for good....

Latest posts

Back