Work so hard you cripple yourself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago I worked as a delivery driver for a builders merchants (1997-8) and one our regular customers was the local art college who bought casting plaster and plaster of Paris from us.
The lecturer, good for him, always made the students come out to unload the truck as they were the ones who were going to be using the plaster.
I stood on the ruck and gently lowered the 25kg bags onto the students shoulder as they stood alongside and I used to laugh at how many of them crumpled to the floor as they took the weight of the bag. And it was usually the boys that couldn't cope, the girls were fine. (And I got a good look down their chest which made the delivery quite fun!!)

It wasn't your post I answered. Your observation is irrelevant.
it is relevant, back in the 70s there were Unions supporting people

Tories have spent last 40 years destroying Unions

I bet you are one of the people that were moaning bitterly about the RMT campaigning for better pay and conditions or Labour giving a decent increase ot junior Drs

I do love Labour who in 2010 under Brown introduced the wonderful law of Anti Age discrimination . It was brilliant, instead of me allowing tge elderly workers to do the easier jobs and work at a lower pace, I had and we still tiday expect and require the elderly workers to do tge same jobs as a 20 year at the same pace. Otherwise the twenty year olds complain to tge union and we got anti age descriminatiin cases against us. Yes, Labour killed and maimed a number of workers as we could not after a lifetime of dedicated work look after them as we had traditionally done.

Before someone says, oh, set the pace and physical effort to the oldest worker……well, if we did that, and set it to what a. 75 year old could do, we wouldn’t have had a business left. He was still working due to Labour under Brown when chancellor raiding and destroying company pension schemes…..final salary schemes. Labour should rebrand the party ‘Hard Labour’
Nonsense as ever deema!
It's not that difficult to understand, unless you are getting a bit past it yourself perhaps? :ROFLMAO:
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com...ts-under-equality-act-2010/age-discrimination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism

Nonsense as ever deema!
It's not that difficult to understand, unless you are getting a bit past it yourself perhaps? :ROFLMAO:
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com...ts-under-equality-act-2010/age-discrimination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageism
The problem always seems to be that some people think that the sun shines from one party or the other's fundament.
It really doesn't.
They're all as bad as each other really.
I don't like the link between Labour and the unions, or the idealism, there.
That means I would never vote for them, and can see their failings.
Not that I think the alternatives are much better.

I don't like the link between Labour and the unions,
Labour is and always has been the party of the Unions, or in the wider sense; of the labour movement. A bit weak and feeble at the moment but would be pointless and fade away without the unions.
or the idealism, there.
It'd be very dull world without idealism!
Or did you mean "ideology"? which is not the same thing at all.
In fact the tories are more ideological than the others, with their commitment to free-market, neo-liberal, deregulated economical theories.
Labour more pragmatic - about how to get things done, rather than the whys and wherefores.

By the time employer NI is raised, a lot of employers won't bother employing people anyway. A more stupid, anti-business, anti-growth way of tax raising I can't imagine.

Have you heard the joke about a care worker and a Barrister who came to rule a country? No, hold tight the punch line will come in the next 4.5 years if not sooner.

I thought the one about the clown journalist and the investment banker running the country was quite a good one myself.

Latest posts

Back