...... without paying the earth.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorrisWoodman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy some magnetic, push to release, cupboard door latches without paying silly money for them. The only real spec requirement is that it should only require a door to carcass gap of about 2mm, i.e. you push it in 2mm and it releases and pushes the door forward enough to grab and open it. I can find cheapo ones up the big river but they don't spec the gap (ones I've bought before were about 6mm!) and single ones from other suppliers are about a tenner each which I think is expensive. I've look at many of the ironmongers suggested in the recent "Who are the go to cabinet suppliers in the UK" without any luck. Hafele have some but without a trade account I can neither price nor order them. I can't see that Blum have any.
Any other suggestions please or have I got to bite the bullet at a tenner each?

Blum do indeed make them...!
I have used them on quite a few occasions when needed.
The ones I've used require a 10mm dia hole drilling ( if I remember correctly) in the carcass about 50mm in depth.
They are adjustable by + or - a couple of mm to enable you to get your required 2mm gap.
I think Blum make two versions of it.....One long and one short, depending on how much "pop out" you require...

This is the same as the ones I've used in the past and is the shorter of the two options and pops out about 17mm https://www.bullerltd.co.uk/blum-ca...pBE0VxVzudl-DjYD43JSShsK6YInIGfYaAi7XEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Back