Wiring a 3 phase motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again Sideways, and thank you for taking the time to post your very helpful response. I think I can proceed now. I have changed motors from star to delta before but that was just changing links over. This one with 4 terminals totally confused me.
I have a VFD which I connected to a lathe motor. I read the instructions regarding the various parameters and altered the ones that set the ramp up and ramp down speeds. I didn't change anything else and things seem to work so perhaps I didn't need to, or perhaps the motor is not running at top efficiency or torque (don't know).
Anyway I will wire up and post again when all is up and running. Then it's off to buy some oil and get sharpening.

Thanks again everyone. People on this forum are so helpful. I only joined because I managed to source a Union Graduate lathe (hence my name - I was so pleased to get one) and needed a handbook. That was 12 years ago. I never realised at the time that it would be such a good move.

K

Hi all,
I have now taken some resistance measurements. Does this agree with what you were thinking, Sideways?

Terminal 1T 2T 3GreenBlackWhite
Terminal 17070infinfinf
T 27070infinfinf
T37070infinfinf
Greeninf40infinfinf
Blackinfinf40infinf
White40infinfinfinf

K

Back