Wireless security set up question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very odd one that Bob, unless there is a specific 'save config' button I would expect this kind of device to auto save any changes.

I've just had a look at the PDF for this device on the support pages for D-Link and it looks like under SYSTEM>TOOLS there is a bunch of save options. If you didn't save before then you need to redo your WEP settings then save them away.

HTH

Hi Mark,

Yes I did go to the tools tab/system button. Seems madness to design a UI where you have to go off to some other section just to save changes!

There were a number of save options - none of which gave any sort of feedback once pressed eg 'your settings have been saved'

And then there was the soft re-boot button which once pressed, did require me to set the laptop into secure mode hence assuming stuff had happened.

I can't log a call with D link without serial numbers and registering as a customer etc etc so I'll have to get that information off him and go down that snake!

Must remember to play even dumber next time anyone asks for computer help!

Bob

chris_d":3sbd6sso said:
To be pedantic, protecting your WIFI network is more than just worrying about loosing a few megabits of bandwidth to a passer-by. An open WIFI network can be a convenient route .....

for any paedophile close enough to piggyback on your connection....so tying your IP address into very dodgy sites...so implicating you in their foul deeds.

Back