Winter Fuel Payments (again)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
As we all know only those on benefits will get a winter fuel payment

Surely there cannot be anyone who does not know this?

So why are they wasting tax payers money on sending a letter to everyone who is *not* getting it?

I can understand them sending a letter to those who *will* get it (although even that seems rather pointless)

A quick google suggests there are 12.6 million of pensionable age, I have no idea what rates the DWP get from the post office for mass mailing but a second stamp is .85p, now, with paper, printing, an envelope and means to produce the letter, lets say .50p a letter

So 6.3 million pounds of tax payers money for nothing

Where is the sense in that?

As we all know only those on benefits will get a winter fuel payment

Surely there cannot be anyone who does not know this?

So why are they wasting tax payers money on sending a letter to everyone who is *not* getting it?

I can understand them sending a letter to those who *will* get it (although even that seems rather pointless)

A quick google suggests there are 12.6 million of pensionable age, I have no idea what rates the DWP get from the post office for mass mailing but a second stamp is .85p, now, with paper, printing, an envelope and means to produce the letter, lets say .50p a letter

So 6.3 million pounds of tax payers money for nothing

Where is the sense in that?
I expect they have to let everybody know

Back