Which woodworking YouTube channels do you watch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting reading through page 2 of this thread and @D_W comments regarding a lack of content about moving from basic skills to creating well designed furniture. There's a lot of content on YouTube from people whose pinnacle of design is a kitchen cabinet box.

I think the person I enjoy most at the moment is The Mountain Top Joiner Shop. As well as basic skills he includes discussions about design and proportion like this:

He is making furniture that is more than just boxes.

I also think it's worth looking at Wortheffort's reviews of furniture exhibitions in the States. For example:

I’m not a big YouTube fan & I don’t know if this channel has been mentioned before but I found this video very helpful when I tried veneering in a bag press for the first time recently. He wasn’t trying to sell anything & just seemed a down to earth bloke which made a nice change.

I watch / have watched the following;

Matt Estlea - seems to have stopped recently, but some good technique videos
Paul Sellers - very good, and most aligned to what I want to do
H Carpenter - interesting joints hand cut (check this one out)
Pedulla Studio
David Barron
Foureyes furniture
Rob Cosman
Rex Krueger - watch sometimes but he’s a bit annoying

Any suggestions for quality (preferably British) channels would be really appreciated. Particularly interested in handtool work, and working in a small workshop. I have a bandsaw, circular saw and router, but otherwise just hand tools - looking to build creative and contemporary furniture.
I have found Matt Estlea very good as he explains aspects that I have not learnt from other people.

I also like Chris Tribe but he has now retired and has not produced a video for a couple of years.

- ENCurtis

I watch Erik simply for inspiration and motivation, he makes absolutely stunning furniture and he's mottos and ways of looking at things are novel.

- Eoin Reardon

Eoin is an Irish hand tool aficionado, practical to the point and often quite funny.

- Hew & Awe

I can't say enough good things about Ben, extremely well composed videos, straight to the point no BS approach to anything he talks about. He's table saw renovation was one of the reasons that got me buying Wadkins to restore.

- Jack Forsberg

The Wadkin Temple, need I say more?

- Matt Estlea

Same reasons as outlined before, good videos, very teacher approach to the videos, very much a perfectionist.

- Paul Sellers

Paul needs no introduction and again, I can only dream of someday having 5% of he's knowledge.

- Rex Krueger

Occasionally watch Rex if he's addressing a particular hand tool I'm interested in.

- Wood by Wright

James is a complete hand tool aficionado and walking encyclopaedia, not to mentioned I haven't come across another channel with the amount of How To's as Jame's. Highly recommended.

- Jesper Makes

Jesper is... well... Jesper... Swedish bloke that started with pallets and built everything from there. I love the pure nature of the videos and how he goes about things...

my 10p,

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back