Where can I purchase metal thread inserts for Ash's Urn?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cefn.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again.
I have been asked to make an Ash's Urn and would like to have the lid screw onto the base of the urn. I am struggling to find a UK supplier for a set of (aprox) 2.5" / 650mm brass, copper or aluminium threaded rings. Any suggestions greatly received?
PS. Rings are going to be cheaper than me having to buy a set of threading chisels I think.
Best wishes to all.
Cefn.
1727776872236.png
1727776872236.png

Would brass 2" or 2.5" BSP plumbing fittings (or their metric equivalent) do the job?
You might struggle with the 650mm size though!!
Duncan

Would brass 2" or 2.5" BSP plumbing fittings (or their metric equivalent) do the job?
You might struggle with the 650mm size though!!
Duncan
Apologies Duncan. I meant 65mm aprox. Good idea, I'm popping round to my plumbing store to see what's available.

Hi again.
I have been asked to make an Ash's Urn and would like to have the lid screw onto the base of the urn. I am struggling to find a UK supplier for a set of (aprox) 2.5" / 650mm brass, copper or aluminium threaded rings. Any suggestions greatly received?
PS. Rings are going to be cheaper than me having to buy a set of threading chisels I think.
Best wishes to all.
Cefn.
View attachment 189278View attachment 189278
Here?
https://www.toolsandtimber.co.uk/2-brass-threaded-ring-set-for-vessels-1

Just noticed 2.5” are not in stock but 2” look to be.

I meant 65mm aprox. Good idea, I'm popping round to my plumbing store to see what's available.
2" BSP is nominally 59.61mm OD wheras 2½" BSP is 75.18.

Less likely to be easily available - but closer - would be 2¼" BSP at 65.7mm

Back