Well I Never, printer kaput?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
My Canon printer stopped powering on. New fuse, checked connections, totally kaput! What made it worse was I had just installed a new set of inks at some considerable cost.

But we of course had the internet and I found the exact problem on a Canon forum and a solution?

Apparently, all I had to do was unplug the printer and then press the on/off button firmly, 20 times. Then I had to leave the printer for 1 minute before plugging it back in. Then press the on/off button again and all would be fine.

So, I did. Did it work? Oh yes, it certainly did!

I am well chuffed, but I do wonder, how the hell did anyone come up with that as a solution? But thanks anyway to whoever it was :)

We all long for that day
IMG_1415.jpeg

Hehe, I can't help thinking that all you needed to do was turn it off and on again, and the 20 button presses are what passes as humour for the boffins :cool:

I can see how I unplugging/switching off at the socket, and then trying to turn it on a few times might discharge capacitors, but 20 times? Maybe overkill? Who cares, if it worked, it worked.

Hehe, I can't help thinking that all you needed to do was turn it off and on again, and the 20 button presses are what passes as humour for the boffins :cool:
Ha ha! It was turned off but it wouldn’t turn back on!

Along the same lines:my friends charge cable to his car would not release: The manual did not make any recommendation on how to release it. He phoned the dealer who went away to ask a few of the staff none had any idea, the best he got was "with the remote lock and unlock the car twice" that did not work so he called the AA. While waiting he phoned the charger installer who aid it was a car problem had he tried the emergency release leaver. After a search he found the emergency release which worked just as the AA man arrived. The AA man said it is a common problem and often happens at supermarket chargers.

My daughters mini had lots of quirky button press/key turns/ door open close procedures to reset all sorts of error. I found that the fixes worked best when there was a full moon on the third Wednesday of the month and while standing on one leg with underpants/knickers on ones head. DAHIKT

Along the same lines:my friends charge cable to his car would not release: The manual did not make any recommendation on how to release it. He phoned the dealer who went away to ask a few of the staff none had any idea, the best he got was "with the remote lock and unlock the car twice" that did not work so he called the AA. While waiting he phoned the charger installer who aid it was a car problem had he tried the emergency release leaver. After a search he found the emergency release which worked just as the AA man arrived. The AA man said it is a common problem and often happens at supermarket chargers.

My daughters mini had lots of quirky button press/key turns/ door open close procedures to reset all sorts of error. I found that the fixes worked best when there was a full moon on the third Wednesday of the month and while standing on one leg with underpants/knickers on ones head. DAHIKT
You caught doing it?

If it was a mechanical switch, multiple use may have 'cleaned' the contact.
Agree with others though, some of these 'solutions' are quite ... odd.

Back