Two QUICK Shop TIPS:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bentontool - is that a real corn-cob pipe I see? My (other) grandad smoked one for a while! His was very dark looking though, not bright yellow!
Yes indeed! A real USA-made corn cob pipe (Missouri Meerschaum- https://corncobpipe.com/). It is my "secondary" shop pipe. The "primary" one is black with use! They last a long time, and smoke very nicely. The stems need replacement often, but are inexpensive.
I stopped taking my good pipes out whilst working, ever since I ran over one with my truck!

Actually the landlord of my old local used to sell mixers in screw top bottles - 250ml, iirc - to locals who put their name on them if unfinished, it was cheaper pro rata for him and them to buy. He reckoned he sold more shorts that way.

Another thing that benefits from 'fridge storage is coffee, both instant (dust of the devil) and ground.
The volatile oils that impart much of the odour/flavour evaporate at room temperature so it is worth keeping it cool.

I'd go without beer for my morning Colombian cafetiere.

With the 1ltr pva bottles, i found the twist top to be a royal pain in the behind, especially gluing up large jobs like doors or bookcases. Found it easier to cut that top off, so it flows a lot quicker and easier.

Of course thats in industry where you go through glue pretty quickly,and theres no real point to sealing the bottle, as you're going to be using it the next day, but in hobby setting then just close over the top with a bit of duct tape.

I have to disagree about putting coffee in the fridge. I kept ground coffee in the fridge for years and eventually stopped doing it for some reason I can't remember. Couldn't tell the difference. If you're storing it in an open topped container it might be another story. Also you risk your coffee picking up smells from other things in the fridge.

Like you, I have to have my morning cafetière...

Latest posts

Back