TV advertising quality!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so if you go premium at £12 a month you lose those awful pointless adverts, now I can see why those adverts are so bad and are only there to try and force your hand before you go insane.

Given the choice between X, Facebook, Instagram, other bits of social media and the BBC, I would go for the BBC every time.

They are not perfect, but are regulated and tend to work with objectivity to high standards. By contrast the other media are full of uncontrolled agendas, bias, political, racial and ethnic extremism.

Using other credible sources to confirm (or otherwise) BBC reporting is sensible. Echo chamber news is not news - it simply reinforces opinions whether justified by the facts or not.
The BBC got us into Iraq on knowingly false pretences and 1 million Iraq’s, mostly civilians, women and children died.
The government could not have done it without the BBC’s help, which they happily gave. Same with Libya, Syria, and soon Iran.
The BBC is the propaganda arm of the state. It’s not news. It’s curated information.

Not only that but they as with all legacy media, get most of their news now from social media.

Remember when the BBC were telling us that Covid came from eating bats? Not the Wuhan institute of virology and kept this pretence up even after the ‘lab leak theory’ (not a theory) was discovered?

As an old saying went “if you read the news, you likley know less about what’s going on than someone who doesn’t”.

The bigger problem is that online media is only interested in driving clicks from the viewer. No objectivity or balance considerations in there at all. Their algorithms are highly tuned to provide content that matches what you already viewed. If you watched a video that said Russia was right to invade Ukraine then you will continue to receive more videos that follow that same narrative. Very quickly you end up living in an echo chamber that simply keeps feeding you content that fits the world view you already hold. Search in the social media of your choice for Flat Earth and watch a couple of videos and very quickly your feed will fill with content proving the Earth is flat.

All legacy media has been running a ‘clicks’ model for decades. It’s advertiser they make money from. Pick any news paper you want. This is not new to the internet and the majority of click baiting is done by online legacy media publications.
There is almost no balance on the BBC, C4 and ITV. You can hear several shades of the same opinion on all of them.

If you want to know about the Ukraine war, the last place you should look is legacy media. The same media that peddled dodgy dossiers and fake ‘chemical weapons attacks’ as pretexts to war!

You’re much better off finding channels online that actually show you combat footage, youtube channels like ‘The Duran’ that have world leading geo political experts on, that don’t peddle the western narrative (propaganda).
Even the Spectator has left the bubble on Ukraine and started to interview people who seem to be far more even handed about the situation.
If you think Ukraine is winning, go find Russian telegram channels to see for yourself. You’ll be very quickly disheartened by how many dead Ukrainians you see; the ones they don’t show you on the BBC because when you think about it, you only ever hear how well Ukraine is doing and almost never see footage of dead Ukrainians. I mean they’re in a war and massively outnumbered, life expectancy on the front line is about 8 hours. You don’t think it’s odd you never seem them loosing?

It seems like you make a plee to not get stuck in an online echo chamber, whilst making the same plea, as to why you should instead be stuck in another echo chamber.

This video best sums up my point. You should give it a try. If you don’t like it that’s fine but you should be concerned that you don’t get to even hear these arguments on Tv or in legacy media.

https://www.youtube.com/live/K1RXDNDolO0?si=XxzanA82T_zw2Ple

Delaney, you keep returning to the same theme about how wonderful Russia is blah blah blah. You are nothing more than a Russian troll and I for one have a big smile on my face as I put you on Ignore.

All legacy media has been running a ‘clicks’ model for decades. It’s advertiser they make money from. Pick any news paper you want. This is not new to the internet and the majority of click baiting is done by online legacy media publications.
There is almost no balance on the BBC, C4 and ITV. You can hear several shades of the same opinion on all of them.

If you want to know about the Ukraine war, the last place you should look is legacy media. The same media that peddled dodgy dossiers and fake ‘chemical weapons attacks’ as pretexts to war!

You’re much better off finding channels online that actually show you combat footage, youtube channels like ‘The Duran’ that have world leading geo political experts on, that don’t peddle the western narrative (propaganda).
Even the Spectator has left the bubble on Ukraine and started to interview people who seem to be far more even handed about the situation.
If you think Ukraine is winning, go find Russian telegram channels to see for yourself. You’ll be very quickly disheartened by how many dead Ukrainians you see; the ones they don’t show you on the BBC because when you think about it, you only ever hear how well Ukraine is doing and almost never see footage of dead Ukrainians. I mean they’re in a war and massively outnumbered, life expectancy on the front line is about 8 hours. You don’t think it’s odd you never seem them loosing?

It seems like you make a plee to not get stuck in an online echo chamber, whilst making the same plea, as to why you should instead be stuck in another echo chamber.

This video best sums up my point. You should give it a try. If you don’t like it that’s fine but you should be concerned that you don’t get to even hear these arguments on Tv or in legacy media.

I see where you're coming from and it's not a good place. It's where freedom and openness are strange concepts. Trust me, I've been to parts of Russia that you might not have.

I watch the BBC News. It is better than any commercially-run news outlet and certainly better than any questionable news sites around. But, one is wise to listen to what the news stories are saying and see if there is any hidden bias. To date, I've only ever noted the spin from Laura Keunssberg during the pandemic where she amplified the casual drinks gatherings up to party orgies. I can't take her seriously any more. Know what you're looking at and compare and contrast with other sources before making up your mind about any seriousnews story.

And don't take Youtube as a serious news outlet. If you do, then you are sunk.

You forgot the IMHO…. Your YouTube reference explains a lot.

From a BBC website -
"Accuracy is not simply a matter of getting facts right. Relevant opinions as well as facts may need to be considered."
Well, if there was any political bias in the BBC News, wouldn't there uproar from the opposition party. Are you suggesting there is non-political control of the news? That the Civil Service is editing all the BBC's material before being aired?
Hmm...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-True-Did-Hear-Disinformation/dp/1999359178?tag=forumyield-20
Have you read it?

I have the power to shop elsewhere and so have not used Tesco's for at least thirty years, just do not like there shops and they don't seem to have a place in the market anymore, you can get same quality elsewhere for less.

As for you tube it is just a joke, the adverts are absolutely killing it and making much content unwatchable. Anyone know of how to get the video's without all the shieete ?
Watch it on a browser like Brave inbuilt ad blocker.

The bigger problem is that online media is only interested in driving clicks from the viewer. No objectivity or balance considerations in there at all. Their algorithms are highly tuned to provide content that matches what you already viewed. If you watched a video that said Russia was right to invade Ukraine then you will continue to receive more videos that follow that same narrative. Very quickly you end up living in an echo chamber that simply keeps feeding you content that fits the world view you already hold. Search in the social media of your choice for Flat Earth and watch a couple of videos and very quickly your feed will fill with content proving the Earth is flat.
Turn off your history option on YouTube, then it doesn't happen,

No. Nor do I need to. I prefer my fiction not to pretend to be fact.
You appear to put quite an emphasis on one book... Is there any reason for that?
No long or difficult words, perhaps ? :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, Phil...couldn't resist

Latest posts

Back