The joy Of Citric Acid

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Yellow_Ardvark

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do I use Citric Acid.

Well, use it cold it will remove the rust, allowing you to crack on with other projects.
Hot, it speeds it up and the playpen gets warm.

DSCN3800.JPG

A WAFU glue pot, the inner one was long gone, sad.

DSCN4247.JPG

After soking in Citric acid for a week.

I'll have to remember this. I've recently been gifted a Drummond lathe on which there are several rusty parts. Where/how do you obtain the citric acid? Can you buy powder by the kilo or are you a lemon squeeze? 🤣🤣

Citric acid can be bought by the kilo off ebay, amazon, or online suppliers, its often used as a food additive & for cleaning industrial kitchens. Quick & easy & works, good for cleaning up old files As the action tends to sharpen the teeth a tad.

I'll have to remember this. I've recently been gifted a Drummond lathe on which there are several rusty parts. Where/how do you obtain the citric acid? Can you buy powder by the kilo or are you a lemon squeeze? 🤣🤣
Be careful if you go to the pharmacy asking for citric acid.

My mum, a well to do lady in her then mid 60s wanted to make lemonade and the recipe required quite a large quantity of citric acid. When she asked the pharmacist they looked at her apprehensively and scurried off to the back. She reappeared a moment later with another staff member who went on to quiz her on her intended use for said acid.

It turns out junkies use it when administering a dose of smack.

As you can imagine, mother was aghast at the suggestion she might be a lady of ill repute!!

Why do I use Citric Acid.

Well, use it cold it will remove the rust, allowing you to crack on with other projects.
Hot, it speeds it up and the playpen gets warm.

View attachment 189577

A WAFU glue pot, the inner one was long gone, sad.

View attachment 189578

After soking in Citric acid for a week.

What kind of dilution rate do you use it at? How much acid eating juice would I get if bought say 1kg of citric acid?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back