Template guides for Bosch Router GOF1300ACE - & Alternatives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I own a Bosch GOF1300 ACE router and lately I have been using the template guide bushes a lot. So much that actually one broke – The design of these bushes is really of a poor quality (well below China level) the bush is actually pushed/pressed into the ring, not welded or brazed. So every time the guide bush hits the work you are copying it get looser and looser, until it just comes off. That has happened a few times, but now it was beyond repairing this 16mm guide bush is the main bush I use for cutting in my hinges and door locks

Untitled by mcluma, on Flickr

I wrote to Bosch and showed them the pictures, but they are unwilling to listen to any comments about their poor quality

Now about the pricy bit

I bought a full router template guide set (RA1125) bush set from the states for around Gbp 40, - including shipping (this is a 7 piece set)

Just the 16mm Bosch replacement costs here in the UK Gbp 16,-

But then I end up with the same rubbish as I have now.

Remember Bosch uses a quick change & lock system on there routers, which is only used by Bosch

Solution

In the set is a guide ring that can be used for PC template guides. This guide looks really sturdy with little that could go wrong with it. PC template guides are very common and used by a lot of router manufactures.

So I bought online a PC based guide set (again a 7 piece set) a brass one, which set me back £14, - (including shipping)

I tried it yesterday by fitting the template guide to the Bosch PC converter and it fits perfect & its sturdy

I don’t think I will be using the Bosch guides any more

Latest posts

Back