• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Startrite "Shaw Guard" for TA series table saws.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty rare item and they seldom come up for sale
It came with a non running" Spares or Repair" saw ( early 1960's saw) that I bought for parts about 6 years ago.

I finally got around to refurbishing it recently and it deserves a new home with someone that will get good use out of it.

I believe it will fit on any of the Startrite TA series of table saws ( 125, 145, 165, 255, 175 & 275 models)
If fitting it on a 125, 145 or 255 model, the Green cast iron foot is removed and the Shaw Guard post inserts directly into the corresponding hole in the cast iron fence and is secured with the grubscrew in the cast iron foot shown in the pictures.
If fitting it on a 165, 175 or 275 saw fence, the green cast iron foot is retained and bolted directly on the pressed steel fence.

It has all original parts, including the hardwood pressure runners.
All the parts were stripped, cleaned, re-blackened & oiled or painted in Startrite Green hammer finish.

Price is £165 and I will be happy to post it at the buyers cost, if required.

Any further information or photos required, just ask...👍

Tim.

166969-439fe639feee61dfcfa279490ff04d1a.jpeg

166970-2352c9f4ab20c22171004668095240d1.jpeg

166971-30b513f9dbc9c58cce19f55b92d296a6.jpeg

166972-8c3ae42aef3bf8d8b0a71e538c1fbfc1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m just south of Bristol so not exactly local. I’ve never seen one before. Can I just ask does this attach the to threaded holes on the top of my 275 fence?

I’m just south of Bristol so not exactly local. I’ve never seen one before. Can I just ask does this attach the to threaded holes on the top of my 275 fence?

Yes, it does! 👍
As I said in my original post, when fitting it onto the fence of the TA275, the green cast iron foot just bolts directly to the top of your fence.

Ok what sort of price can we get to delivered? (Can you private message on here? I don’t want to give my address out)

Hi Tim
Another nice job - what does it do?!
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I hope you & that Startrite saw are both doing well 👍

Thanks, it's cleaned up nicely......"what does it do?!"......- I have absolutely no idea!....
Only kidding! 😁.

It is designed to keep even pressure on the wood against the fence and down onto the surface of the table.
In a similar way as feather boards do on a router table, for example.

They were only available from Startrite as an optional extra back in the day, but due to the small amount that you actually see for sale individually, or as an accessory with a saw, I can only assume that very few were actually sold along with the saws.

Regards, Tim.

Hi Andrew,
I hope you & that Startrite saw are both doing well 👍

Thanks, it's cleaned up nicely......"what does it do?!"......- I have absolutely no idea!....
Only kidding! 😁.

It is designed to keep even pressure on the wood against the fence and down onto the surface of the table.
In a similar way as feather boards do on a router table, for example.

They were only available from Startrite as an optional extra back in the day, but due to the small amount that you actually see for sale individually, or as an accessory with a saw, I can only assume that very few were actually sold along with the saws.

Regards, Tim.
That make sense now!😂 All going well here, thanks. You?

Latest posts

Back