Starrett square - rule damage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this set bought in 2016 from workshop heaven and other starretts, they have no such marks and have all been used very heavily, there is definitely something not right about this.

It's all gone a bit wrong with Starrett.

They shipped me a replacement directly from the US but not only was it the wrong graduation (metric only instead of mixed), it has the same issue I reported to them in the first place.

Pretty alarming this slipped past their QA (if they even have a QA anymore) and yeah, colour me unhappy.

I thought the problem had developed over time but seeing as a brand new one (fresh from factory as I understood from their comments) has the same issue, it was probably there from the very beginning.

Kicking myself in hindsight for not doing a closer inspection after I first bought it, but it came quite greased up and I just did a cursory wipe before using it. Thought this was going to be a problem-free purchase from (supposedly) the best!

Back