Some mistake, surely?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to work one day about 30 years ago and someone shouted he's here! I said what's the problem? How many fluid ounces are there in a litre? No one in the kitchen knew, and I was a cellarman. Shortly before they'd had an argument as to whether there two or three feet in a yard.
I found one of my school exercise books from about '64 (I was 10) with sums in pounds, shillings, pence and farthings - miles, furlongs, chains, rods, yards, feet and inches - and even gallons, pecks and bushels. Metric is rather simpler.
Late '80's my nephew did some work experience with me in my workshop, I asked him, one day, to get me a 1/2" spanner; "What's that?", he asked. DUH!!

There was no problem with the good olde feet and inches, and pounds, shillings, and pence...

Worked for yonks and everyone leaving skool - having bin properly tort and so on... cud understand it (lyke wot I did and still duz). Almost everyone in those daze could simple sums in their head - no need of calcuators; and shop assitants didn't rely on the till to tell them what change they have to return to customer (when appropriate).

Latest posts

Back