SCM Minimax S45 Bandsaw Teardown & Overhaul

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Experienced users, please come and set us both straight ....
No expert as I was an electrical type during my earning years and not mechanical, but I used a 14" Delta as a hobbyist for maybe 40 years and never relieved the tension on whatever blade happened to be on the machine. My thought process for leaving tension on was twofold:
1: I was concerned that if I kept messing with tensioning that blade, tracking might go goofy on me causing me to have to do constant realignments.
2: I'm lazy (maybe that should've been the #1 reason ;) )

Again, I don't claim that it's OK as a general rule to do this, but am just relaying my experience.

Thanks for adding the update !
That's an oldie.
Minimax became part of Italian SCM through aquisition as I remember the story.
Your minimax is in the SCM two shades of green that were used for a period during the 80's and 90's.
Before that SCM had a shade of paint that I would call mustard, neither english nor french, or perhaps dung brown depending on how you feel, and after the greens they changed to white like the machine that this thread starts with.

Here's a photo from the excellent woodtekpedia of SCM two tone green on a tablesaw

scm_si_150_1994.jpg

Thanks to https://wtp.hoechsmann.com/en/lexikon/11149/si_150

Latest posts

Back