Scheppach planer thicknesser HMS260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark1965

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve recently purchased the HMS260 and appears to be complete and working………but I’m unsure exactly how to adjust etc…

Does anyone have a manual for thiI’ve tried downloading from internet but am struggling with the actual ‘operating manual’

This will probably be the first time I have (hopefully) read a manual,

Thanks

Mark

See if this works, I'd downloaded a copy the other day for the parts list.

Attachments

• Scheppach HMS 260 Planer.pdf
    12.7 MB · Views: 0
I have had this model for years and it is awaiting a bit of TLC as it has been stored a few years. Very good machine and easy to set up. Probably hardest (as in fiddly) is setting the planer blade height and getting it level across the blade.

Yes it's pretty easy to set up, exception apparently being if the tables are out of alignment, mine were fine when I acquired it second-hand over 15 years ago and still are. There's a specific set up sheet from NMA (UK distributor) easily available on line (it's a bunch of manuscript amends on the parts diagram for the tables).

Other than that, check the drive belts under the blue covers and the chain for the feed rollers, oil and grease as appropriate. PTFE spray on the thicknesser table chain drive. Fence seems a bit flimsy but it's surprisingly solid once set and locked down.

Latest posts

Back