Router table build 0

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauph

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm most of the way to finishing this. It's a little shonky, but it's all square solid and level, and the micro adjustment I was hoping for works.
One question: Does having the cable bunched up in the corner like that present any risk? I know their can be issues with using power cable wound round itself (condenser maybe?)
Cheers
20240918_092650[1].jpg
20240918_092746[1].jpg

I understand the risk with power cables, usually wound on a drum for an extension lead, is that the cable could heat in a way similar to a traditional bar fire due to the magnetic field created.

I would not personally be too concerned as it is wound loosely and typically a router is worked intermittently for short periods, at a power level well within the cable capacity.

If bothered just check for heat build up after use - I would expect little or none.

Probably not, but I would just pull it through and cut it to a tidy stub.
You have the skill to wire it so I imagine you would find it easy enough to replace the cord into the tool if you want to go back to handheld use in future. Or just put an inline plug and socket like a neutrik in the cord so you can easily hook the router up to your table or unplug, and reattach the long cord.

Probably not, but I would just pull it through and cut it to a tidy stub.
You have the skill to wire it so I imagine you would find it easy enough to replace the cord into the tool if you want to go back to handheld use in future. Or just put an inline plug and socket like a neutrik in the cord so you can easily hook the router up to your table or unplug, and reattach the long cord.
Good idea. Solves a couple of design niggles. Cheers

Hi all.
I'm most of the way to finishing this. It's a little shonky, but it's all square solid and level, and the micro adjustment I was hoping for works.
One question: Does having the cable bunched up in the corner like that present any risk? I know their can be issues with using power cable wound round itself (condenser maybe?)
Cheers
View attachment 188331View attachment 188332
I once had an extension cable on a drum go on fire, when using a 2kw heater. (IT wasn't mine, it was in someone else's garage).

Back