Robland K260 weight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babylon355

Established Member
Reaction score
Evenin' all!
I'm going to see a Robland K260 combi this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows roughly how heavy they are.
It's a three motor, 240V model. I'm going with my brother and wonder whether we'd be able to slide it up a couple of supported scaffolding planks or whether it would have to go on a tail lift.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, I helped a friend who had bought one get it home earlier this year.
If I remember I put two scaffold planks on a blanket resting onto the rear of my trusty transit van, I screwed some some 2x2 connecting the boards together then wedged some 2x2 to the ground, just to stop the planks bending.
loaded onto a skate and it rolled in no problem.
Just don't try and lift it by the planer beds, otherwise bits of cast iron fall off, as my friend discovered.

Its a nice machine, hope you have got a good one,

Davin

Thanks Davin, I think a mate can knock me up a trolley of some description tomorrow that could do the trick. Checking other similar sized combi's, they seem to be around the 200kg mark.
Cheers

I used to have a startrite 260 (Badged Robland!) and all I can say is that it was damn heavy!

Rog

When I collected mine I borrowed the teleporter from the farm as it only needed transporting 3 miles so carried it in the bucket on a dry day.

When I sold it we used the teleporter to lift it into the buyers van - you WILL NOT lift it by hand!

I will see if I can dig out a pic of it but from memory it weighed about 500kgs

Rog

Found one! - This was taken about 10 years ago but you can see the 260 clearly.

Size wise they are not huge but very solidly built!

DSCF0058.jpg

Rog

Thanks Rog, I'm limited with space so that's good thing. Guess I'll have to take the tail lift and hope for the best... :wink:

I would if I were you.

I dont know how old the machine is that you have bought but I had a problem with my startrite - basically from memory the machine was sold as a single or twin speed machine. with this said all the machines were made as twin speed but if you ordered a single speed unit all they did was removed the selector switch from the panel and put a blanking plug in the hole!

The problem was as the twin speed relay was not removed the machine would start to "trip" when you pressed the start button and the only way to reset was to remove the screws holding the control panel in place and press the reset on the rear.

I eventually got an electrical engineer to come and look at the machine and the offending relay was simply bypassed and I never had another problem with it!

So if you find that your machine trips on starting this may well be the same prob if its a single speed machine.

Rog

It's apparently ten to fifteen years old and single phase. I don't know much more than that unfortunately but thanks for the advice. At least I know what I could come across.
Cheers,
Mike

Back