Re-built my parasols

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris L

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
We have had these parasols for a few years and although not cheap to buy, the quality was pretty bad causing me to carry out various makeshift repairs to them. Now with some more time on my hands, I decided to rebuild them completely. I bought new poles from Wickes, re-used the fittings and made new spokes and hubs from hardwood. The hubs which take most of the stress, are made from ironwood, long spokes from Iroko and short spokes from larch. I made a wooden frame to fit inside the plant pot and filled with gravel as ballast. New canopies bought on eBay. Probably not a cost-efficient exercise but I know these will last far longer than the originals.
tempImageVidtcj.png
tempImageXcBXFO.png
tempImageXAt3tb.png
tempImageXcBXFO.pngtempImageVidtcj.pngtempImageXAt3tb.pngtempImage67OQ7D.png

We have had these parasols for a few years and although not cheap to buy, the quality was pretty bad causing me to carry out various makeshift repairs to them. Now with some more time on my hands, I decided to rebuild them completely. I bought new poles from Wickes, re-used the fittings and made new spokes and hubs from hardwood. The hubs which take most of the stress, are made from ironwood, long spokes from Iroko and short spokes from larch. I made a wooden frame to fit inside the plant pot and filled with gravel as ballast. New canopies bought on eBay. Probably not a cost-efficient exercise but I know these will last far longer than the originals.View attachment 184407View attachment 184408View attachment 184409View attachment 184408View attachment 184407View attachment 184409View attachment 184410
Nice job. I got fed up replacing poles so have aluminium tubes now instead.

Latest posts

Back