Plastic sanding discs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Established Member
Reaction score
The 250mm self adhesive sanding discs I used to use were paper backed and a real PITA to remove from my sander. They’d tear and come of in bits and pieces. Some time ago I bought what seem to be plastic backed ones and these have been great. They come off easily in one piece. Only problem, I don’t know what make they are or where I got them! Anyone on here use sanding discs like these?

Can you buy 250mm wide self-adhesive plastic tape? Stick the disk to that and then stick the assembly to the machine. Peel at the plastic/machine interface.

I’d much rather buy discs similar to what I’ve got. I have one disc left on the machine which I’ve been using. I’ll try to temporarily remove it to see if it has any markings on the underside.

Quick update. The disc is marked TopTec 1919 Siawood, made in Switzerland. I’m after 250mm 120g but can only see 60g and 80g.
The disc seems to be thick paper but it has a plastic coating that makes it incredibly difficult to tear. They are the best I’ve ever used, shame they’re not readily available.

I’d give BND abrasives a call
https://bndabrasives.co.uk/

They can get hold of most things and where they make their own belts can make custom sizes of most of the abrasives they sell. They’re an official partner of SIA so am confident they’d be able to sort for you

Latest posts

Back