Orbital sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Adamson

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m looking at purchasing a new orbital sander to replace my cheap Aldi middle isle sander and il looking for some recommendations please, here’s my thought process on the subject so far.

Recently I’ve became a bit of a Bosch Professional (BP) fanboy and I like the look of the BP GEX-34-150 but I think the price is high for what it is and it may be a bit big & heavy for most of what I’d be using it for. So then I recently bought one of the BP 12v multi head drill/drivers and I was really impressed with the quality and power so that lead me to look at the BP GEX 12V-125 as it uses the same battery system but I’m a little concerned about the run time and lack of power it may have. Then there’s also the fact of I’m probably 99% of the time going to have it tethered to the extraction unit so not really sure I would see the benefit of having a cordless sander.

I have Milwaukee drill and impact drivers so also looked at the Milwaukee M18-BOS125 with having that battery system also, but the above put me off of having it tethered to the extraction unit.

Oh I also have a couple of Ryobi tools so their orbital sander is a possibility also?

I’m stuck at the moment don’t know what to do so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks Dan

With these tools where you want consistant power and are connecting an extraction hose then little point in cordless. I have a 110 volt Bosch GEX 125-150 which is great for what I want it for and it has never missed a beat, also not too much vibration unlike some.

Back