Newcomer from Ireland

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, another new member from Ireland.
Former architect turned software manager. Love woodworking and solving problems. Living in the middle of Ireland and working from home with family so the shed is my switch off space.
Only found this forum the other day looking for advice on lathe threads.
Recently got a shed built and filled it with tools I’ve been collecting and using from the middle aisle in Lidl.
I know they’re cheap, but I’m a hobbyist and that 3 year warranty takes a lot of pressure off buying tools.
Currently fitting out my shed with benches and starting into a French cleat wall, but timber supplies are running out and raw material is my biggest expense.
Looking forward to chats and advice and inspiration.View attachment 173625
Welcome, enjoy, learn, contribute...My best regards to you

Shop is 9x5m insulated steel shed from steeltech here in Ireland.
I costed up a blockwork shed with a cut roof, almost double the cost of this.
I costed up a timber built shed, which would have been a little cheaper, but my time is tight, this was ordered and 10 weeks later, was erected in one day.
New slab was poured inside and polished to anchor the whole thing down. a few days later, I started building out benches.
Hello. Nice looking shed! I'm in Ireland also and I'm looking at Steeltech or Adman sheds similar to yours but a bit smaller.
Do you heat your shed? And how are all the tools holding up with condensation/rust? I'm looking for somewhere to store a motorbike and tools and condensation is my main worry.

Welcome, like your workshop! It is always enjoyable and trying when setting up a shop.
Keep in mind once you know what machinery suits your needs you can sell on what you have and upgrade.
Took me a long time to sort my shop with regards to layout to suit my work flow.
I am constantly sourcing free lumber from dumps etc. Really cuts down on costs.

Latest posts

Back