New cheap (ish) 16” bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a Starite 352 for sale at Wakefield £150 on Facebook Pity I have just bought a BS400

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 08-37-45 (2) Marketplace – Startrite Band Saw Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 08-37-45 (2) Marketplace – Startrite Band Saw Facebook.png
    949.3 KB · Views: 0
I have now received the replacement fence that took just 6 days from purchase. It looks to be the same as the Kreg one so far there are a few things that needed fettling, several threads needing chasing and I need to get a couple of new machine screws and have an extra mounting hole to drill. Also the measuring tape is imperil so I need to get a metric one.

IMG_1437.jpegIMG_1438.jpegIMG_1439.jpegIMG_1440.jpegIMG_1441.jpegIMG_1442.jpeg

I will add more on the mounting of the as soon as I get more hardware.

Having spent quite a while I now have the fence fixed. I needed to add an extra fitting hole and it is solidly fixed. The clearance for width is 340mm with the current blade and 300mm hight. I haven’t got the TCT blade yet and as that is probably going to be the more permanent one I’ve used an off cut of my measuring tape starting at 50mm instead of zero.

IMG_1469.jpegIMG_1468.jpegIMG_1466.jpegIMG_1464.jpeg

I’ve also got the tyres for the saw though I haven’t fitted them yet.
This is a video of the recommended fitting procedure though I’m not sure it the best, let me know if it doesn’t work for you and I’ll put up a YouTube video

This is a video of the recommended fitting procedure though I’m not sure it the best, let me know if it doesn’t work for you and I’ll put up a YouTube video
View attachment 188319
That's pretty similar in principle to the technique I was referring to, albeit that method used some cord to pull the last bit on, I guess anything that is thin and that doesn't damage the tyre would work and which can be removed once the tyre is fully on.
Putting the tyres in boiling water 1st may help too to aid the elasticity, albeit that I guess is dependent on what the tyre material is.

Last edited:
View attachment 188319
There's a whole lot more free play in that one than there is on mine. There was vid. posted here a while back with a bolt of some kind with nuts and a washer that in a power drill that worked for me.

Latest posts

Back