Looking for a decent introduction course on using a cnc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mynewka

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I want to buy a decent Cnc machine as hobbyist . Never touched one before so slightly bemused with all the differing products
Looking for a starter course in Essex or London where I can get to understand how to use and choose one that would suite my requirements
Has anyone any suggestions
Thanks
Dan

I know this is a late reply, but try this... Go to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/ and wait for a window to pop up asking for your email address in exchange for Carbide 3D's crash course on CNC. They want to sell you one of their machines (which I have), but it's a general course. Those guys have been very helpful for me.

Hi guys I want to buy a decent Cnc machine as hobbyist . Never touched one before so slightly bemused with all the differing products
Looking for a starter course in Essex or London where I can get to understand how to use and choose one that would suite my requirements
Has anyone any suggestions
Thanks
Dan
Don't know if you have got anywhere yet in buying a CNC etc but it's quite a challenge to start off in the CNC world.

I would suggest buying a metal framed CNC because of the rigidity the framework will have when you machine parts. If you want to cut parts out with any speed then a metal frame is best. Also a water cooled spindle is quieter than an air cooled spindle which will make working on the CNC more easy on your ears.

Vetric Software is the norm and a must for most users of a CNC for creating files that can be cut on a CNC, it can be used to create a drawing of what you want to cut out on the CNC then create the file for sending to your CNC software.

Your CNC needs to be told how to move (given signals) and Mach3 is a well used and trusted piece of software used just for this purpose.

I would suggest you look on Utube to get an idea before going too far then ask questions to clear up anything you do not understand.

Mark

Latest posts

Back