Lidl Offers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big warning from me , I purchased a impact gun , Didn't really need one but it would come in handy, Also it came with a 3 year guarantee , It went wrong so I took it back to Lidl with the recipt that I kept with the tool . Found a staff member in store , Told him the problem , Showed him the recipt , Off he went to see his manager , Came back and said " You only get the 3 year guarantee if you buy direct from Parkside in Germany , Lidl only give a 1 year guarantee , That's it for me , NO MORE tools from Lidl.
From the Lidl website:
“Warranty Returns: Defective non-food products with a 3 year warranty can be returned to the store for full refund with receipt or store credit at the lowest selling price without receipt.”

From the Lidl website:
“Warranty Returns: Defective non-food products with a 3 year warranty can be returned to the store for full refund with receipt or store credit at the lowest selling price without receipt.”
Glenfield2 beat me to it!
Yes, the above seems clear enough - methinks Blister was given the bum's rush at his branch.

I would say the store manager was trying it on, and you fell for it.

A more forceful approach would, I expect, have yielded results.

A few years ago I bought a quite expensive rechargeable razor online from an American company.

Very soon the battery failed and when I contacted them, I was told that the battery was not covered as it was a consumable item.

It took a few minutes and two steps up the chain of command but I got my battery.

Big warning from me , I purchased a impact gun , Didn't really need one but it would come in handy, Also it came with a 3 year guarantee , It went wrong so I took it back to Lidl with the recipt that I kept with the tool . Found a staff member in store , Told him the problem , Showed him the recipt , Off he went to see his manager , Came back and said " You only get the 3 year guarantee if you buy direct from Parkside in Germany , Lidl only give a 1 year guarantee , That's it for me , NO MORE tools from Lidl.
I bought one of their 'kitchen, under cupboard' radios about 3 years ago from my local store. It went wrong within 18 months. None in the store as wasn't at that time in their offers, contacted CS via the app, they refunded no issues. Any issues I go via Customer Service... not the store.

Back