Lathe choice at £1000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks a solid piece of kit, with good power and plenty of spindle height.
Hope it serves you well and let us see what you do with it 👍

Sadly your link wouldn't allow me to view it. Either gone or required registration to view, but appreciate your effort all the same. Cheers 👍
Oh, that’s strange? Still the OP managed to snag what looked like a nice bit of kit which is the main thing.

Thanks for suggesting it @Vulcan - further away than I would have looked, I think, but not too far for a bargain. To keep the thread useful, and since I still have the tab open,

MC1200F lathe its was also sold as :-

Axminster AVSWL 1200D
Laguna 1847
Grizzly G0733
Sturmer Holzstar DB 1200 amongst others

1200mm between centres
460mm swing over the bed
15oo watt 3 phase motor with inverter
M33 Spindle
Good condition if well used. Probably a little longer than necessary, but it fits in the car, so that isn't a problem. No-name chuck so I might struggle to find new jaws to fit, but the 1.5kW motor is a complete transformation compared with the little lathe.
My first effort using it here https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/post-a-photo-of-the-last-thing-you-turned.143439/post-1765315

I have the Record Coronet Herald with a swing head and extension on the bed, Its as solid a boulder of granite, had it 5 years so far and still as good as new .

I have the Record Coronet Herald with a swing head and extension on the bed, Its as solid a boulder of granite, had it 5 years so far and still as good as new .
Same here, great balance of size and power. Pushed mine to limit making a 500mm bowl with it swung outside the bed, it coped far better than I did, scared me sh!£less.

Latest posts

Back