Lamination's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOJ

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the start of a project I have had on the back burner for a couple of years, primarily due to the limitations of thinning pieces down to be able to create a wave lamination, I have tried various solutions including:

Gluing down to a false table in thicknesser, that still ate the wood, hand planing, got a frozen shoulder, so gave that up, hot pipe bending, soaking in water, but not used steaming (for no reason, as I have the gear, just didn't) so, I've now acquired a drum sander, which gave me some Oak @ 0.8mm thick.

I had already made a single sided former, with a view, originally, of using my vacuum press, but in the course of my other attempts I then made a 2 part former, thinking brute force and lots of clamps would work, but the Oak was still too thick.

So with all that non progress to start with, I have now made a trial lamination, which will lead to further progress of the original plan.

Former's and trial lamination

mould.jpg

Off the the former:

moulded.jpg

moulded1.jpg

The objective, however it is subject to a design change.

wave wine rack.jpg

This a back room project so apologies in advance for any delay in delivering fruition, which I'm sure will be long forgotten by the time its done!

Back