Kity paint information anyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony.w

Reaction score
I would like to touch up the paint on Kity 619 does this exist or a close alternative can anyone suggest.
Thankyou

You should be able to find what you need here...

Reading the page, all the colours have a manufacturer's name attached to them, to indicate which machine they are for. None of the colours has 'Kity' in its description.

If you have found by experience that one of the colours is a sutable match, please could you tell us which of the green colours match the Kity green.

The difficulty with just linking to a page that happens to contain green paint for machinery is that not every green machine uses the same shade of green.

---

The OP could remove some small part of his machine and take it into a place that sells car paint. They will mix up a single aerosol that will be a close match. You can spray some of the aerosol into a contianer and touch up the machine with a brush.

Kity green is a pretty close match to Startrite green......
Well, I have an original condition Kity 618 saw in my home workshop and its colour is a close match to the original condition Startrite green on the saws that I restore.

I can take a picture showing the two colours next to each other if it helps @Tony.w ....??

If you have a paint shop or decorator outlet like Brewer's nearby, you could take a painted part from your Kity and get your paint colour matched and mixed. Unfortunately, they tend to only do minimums of 1tr. But, they may just scan it for you to give you the colour code or HEX code so you can go to somewhere like Paragon Paints to get a smaller amount mixed. There are also Apps for phones, I use Colour Wheel for my Android phone. You can take a photograph of the colour to copy and it will give you a HEX, RGB or HSL code. I don't know how accurate this would be, I use it for different reasons like finding complimentary or contrasting colours.

Here are a couple of pictures I've just taken showing the difference in colours, but bear in mind, the original paint on the Startrite saw bare casing on the right, is at least 60 years old.....
The Kity saw dates from about 1986 and is also original colour.
Both colours are a Hammer finish, as they were originally.
Both colours have changed/ darkened slightly from their original colour.
The saw on the left is partly through restoration and was spray painted around Easter time this year in Startrite Green hammer finish.

20240721_122110.jpg
20240721_122117.jpg
20240721_122020.jpg
20240721_122103.jpg

Kity green is a pretty close match to Startrite green......
Well, I have an original condition Kity 618 saw in my home workshop and its colour is a close match to the original condition Startrite green on the saws that I restore.

I can take a picture showing the two colours next to each other if it helps @Tony.w ....??

I would like to touch up the paint on Kity 619 does this exist or a close alternative can anyone suggest.
Thankyou
While the original is pretty close to older Kity models. The later is ver different. I made some up with my local paint shop.
Let me know if you need the paint code still and I’ll dig it out for you 🤝
Before and after photos below.

Attachments

• IMG_6722.jpeg
    IMG_6722.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 0
  • d666cefa-8cc3-40b6-b2e2-aff3568cf213.jpeg
    d666cefa-8cc3-40b6-b2e2-aff3568cf213.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 0
Before and after photos below.
Nice job there.
I've owned a couple of kitys and reprayed a couple of startrites.
To me the photos in the thread are giving a decent enough representation of these colours in the flesh.
@Indiana s paint match looks much closer than using startrite green. Startrite green also has a very different hammer texture to Kity's green.

Nice job there.
I've owned a couple of kitys and reprayed a couple of startrites.
To me the photos in the thread are giving a decent enough representation of these colours in the flesh.
@Indiana s paint match looks much closer than using startrite green. Startrite green also has a very different hammer texture to Kity's green.
They are very different the older Kity is closer to a Startrite finish. But the later stuff is a much darker green. They are in no way close

Not sure if the photos below help

Attachments

• IMG_6723.jpeg
    IMG_6723.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    644.8 KB · Views: 0
Really early stuff is white. Then a lighter green hammer finish, close to the startrite colour, then a darker green. If you take a panel to a car paint factor they can make you up a high quality rattle can in hammer finish for an exact match.

This is true. Paint shops can scan and match the paint only issue with that is you have to have a good panel where the paint hasn’t faded

Latest posts

Back