Router Table lifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use an Elu 177e or DeWalt DW625, you can use a Router Raiser, or a DIY version (see YouTube). Any basic router plate works in this set up.

Regards from Perth

Derek

A few pics ...

RouterTableAdventure_html_m62a2280b.jpg

RouterTableAdventure_html_m2395d9a3.jpg

RouterTableAdventure_html_m19e91ae8.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

Sorry the UJK table top will not except the JessEm lifts, JessEm, Incra and Woodpecker all use the standard American plate size 235mm x 298mm x 9.5mm (9 1/4" × 11 3/4" x 3/8”) The T11K will fit the JessEm Prestige Lift. The OF2200 is a beautiful router almost too good for a router table and I don't think it fits any lifts.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/jessem-rout-r-lift-prestige-metric/

Cheers

Peter
Thanks for the replies! Damn, so my only option is to use the UJK lift then? Or a router raizer....these look OK, Can you buy these in the UK?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Damn, so my only option is to use the UJK lift then? Or a router raizer....these look OK, Can you buy these in the UK?
I bought my Router Raiser online, had it delivered to one of my several brothers in law in the US, and collected it on my next visit. This was at least 15 years ago, and I have no idea of current availability, either here or across the pond.

For some reason, the forum software keeps changing the z to an s. Thanks, but I'm not totally illiterate, it's a trade name "Router R a i z e r". I only mention this in case the OP's searches are failing.

The main issue with routers in tables is the bearings aren't up to it, a small powered feeder isn't a design feature but should be, the enclosure ruins the motor as it runs hot and dusty. An ability to incrementally raise/lower whilst useful doesn't alter the basic engineering facts. My of2000 has much sturdier bearings and is a pleasure to use with larger cutters. Btw whiteside make the very best cutters(another really important factor in surface finish)
A spindle is a huge step forward in all respects(ps I saw a small sheppach spindle on ebay that should be remade)

Much as I would like a dedicated machine, my workshop is now much smaller, due to retirement and a house move....so I need to be clever with space...so my router table top is designed to slide out from under my mitresaw station when I need it, the mitre saw gets folded down and put away and the router table top slides in where it was. I can then drop the table insert and router into it.

Attachments

• IMG_8086.jpg
    IMG_8086.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8087.jpg
    IMG_8087.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 0
The main issue with routers in tables is the bearings aren't up to it, a small powered feeder isn't a design feature but should be, the enclosure ruins the motor as it runs hot and dusty. An ability to incrementally raise/lower whilst useful doesn't alter the basic engineering facts. My of2000 has much sturdier bearings and is a pleasure to use with larger cutters. Btw whiteside make the very best cutters(another really important factor in surface finish)
A spindle is a huge step forward in all respects(ps I saw a small sheppach spindle on ebay that should be remade)
You forgot the IMO in your post.

An properly designed enclosure with extraction prevents dust and excess heat and will extend the life of the bearings in any router, IMO.

@markturner No need to have the Axcaliber router extension plus the Musclechuck Universal Extension, they essentially do the same job but the Musclechuck has the advantage of above the table one handed cutter change over as your previous version.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/musclechuck-universal-extension/

This video shows the concept of the Musclechuck I will be doing one about the Universal Extension soon.

Cheers

Peter

Back