Keir Starmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the big bonus of being in EU. Disputes between neighbours (UK and Ireland) suddenly become less meaningful when they are both under the jurisdiction of bigger entity, but on equal terms.
Orange marches could just become quaint cultural relics with everybody joining in the fun! Or would that be out of the question?
Brexit was the most stupid thing the tories could possibly have done.
I know you like to blame the Tories for most things, and I agree the vote was stupid, but it was the general population that voted for it and many think it was to keep migrants out (that went well). Is your point that you can't trust the UK population to demand facts on which to make a rational decision? :rolleyes:

I know you like to blame the Tories for most things, and I agree the vote was stupid, but it was the general population that voted for it and many think it was to keep migrants out (that went well).
The did not vote for it. They voted in favour of it but clearly dependent on the terms obtained, when the general common-sense but unspoken assumption was that they would only then vote for or against it, or Parliament just reject it as a lost cause.
Nobody voted for Johnson going head-down brain-off and "just getting brexit done" really badly.
Is your point that you can't trust the UK population to demand facts on which to make a rational decision? :rolleyes:
No my point is that we don't rule by plebiscite and the decision should have been left for Parliament to make, following the negotiations.
Only an idi ot would agree to an extremely important and complicated contract with details unknown and undecided. We found our idi ot in Johnson.

Last edited:
Orange marches could just become quaint cultural relics with everybody joining in the fun! Or would that be out of the question? :unsure:

Eek! Careful - it's over 300 years already - and that time has done little to diminish the raw emotion that these provoke...

Brexit was the most stupid thing the tories could possibly have done.

This is from a very, very long and epic list of stupid things that the Tories did, but I agree 100% :cry:

To be specific, a border poll would only be called by the NI SoS if it appears likely that there will be a majority in favour of a UI from the NI electorate. It will involve all the electorate on the island of Ireland. The GFA referendum was a North and South vote. And yep, London can't impose anything.

As for this:
I’m sure Starmer’s crew could find a way to give NI away, after all it’s only part of an island and they managed to give away a whole island group just a few days ago.

I’m sure Starmer’s crew could find a way to give NI away, after all it’s only part of an island and they managed to give away a whole island group just a few days ago.
He can't.

Latest posts

Back