Keir Starmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry have startled you with that revelation but it's a mistake to think that boards make decisions that simply maximise the return for their shareholder. There are plenty of examples such as not taking the maximum support during COVID or making charitable donations which recognise doing the right thing builds long term value.

No directors were voted out and the major shareholders who were represented on the board fully bought into the decision.
You paid tax voluntarily. If you had a surplus of cash why didn't you just spend it where you best saw fit? Why did you presume the government could/would find a better use for it?

You paid tax voluntarily. If you had a surplus of cash why didn't you just spend it where you best saw fit? Why did you presume the government could/would find a better use for it?
I actually don’t think it is possible to over pay tax. From the follow up reply it looks like the ‘overpayments’ were related to not taking advantage of opportunities to claim assistance or take tax relief.

Any party that wants to win in this country has to be on the right? We haven't had a right wing government for decades.
The last 14 years of government has been an example of loads of hard right policies.

If you think the Conservatives aren’t right wing, you aren’t terribly well informed

I’m quite successful but pretty apathetic. I’ve also had times when I’ve struggled but not been successful. Does that mean it’s better to be apathetic?

Each moment follows on and informs the next.
It’s a curve not a series of random events.
Unless you won the lottery or had a major inheritance.

I’m quite successful but pretty apathetic. I’ve also had times when I’ve struggled but not been successful. Does that mean it’s better to be apathetic?
If at first you don't succeed don't spend too long effin about!

Ah Ive spotted the problem................

the algorithms of social media platforms will feed you what you want to hear.....................GBnews, Mahyar Tousi and other right wing grifters is not a balance diet.
I don’t really watch either. Especially not MT. I listen to the ‘All In Podcast’, Peter Zeihan, Glen Greenwald, Tim Dillon, Planet Normal, Breaking Points, Patrick Bet David, Joe Rogan, etc..
it is why you think this: "There is a class of British people, oddly now mostly left wing"

you mean like the ECHR that was literally drafted by Conservative MP David Maxwell-Fyfe
I was talking about the GFA and directly relating to a treaty misses the point, which is that in todays upside down world, liberals seem very concerned about maintain the “rules based international order” (said in the voice of Keir Starmer).
only Belarus and Russia are not in the ECHR

maybe you might want to think about why that is

Neither is the EU, USA, Canada, Nz, Aus etc..

Last edited:
Sorry have startled you with that revelation but it's a mistake to think that boards make decisions that simply maximise the return for their shareholder. There are plenty of examples such as not taking the maximum support during COVID or making charitable donations which recognise doing the right thing builds long term value.

No directors were voted out and the major shareholders who were represented on the board fully bought into the decision.
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...l0UpCFCT77GO_hL91Q_aem__dWeKZnTEea8X6DtWI8gZw

OK...they have 'finessed' them. Pity you cannot appreciate the sleaze.
What sleeze?

What do you mean “finessed them”?

Do you mean a £75,000 donation from a company with no employees and no assets and is a shell company registered in Cayman Islands? ……sounds like sleeze

Or do you mean a free pair of glasses?

Maybe Starmer met an ex KGB officer in Italy and didn’t register it…….sounds like sleeze

Maybe Labour set up a VIP lane for their mates and channelled £bs of bogus contracts through it.

Im just wondering what sleeze you are talking about?

It can be a thin line between tax evasion and tax avoidance Phil. The latter often gets reported as the former (I've seen you correct people on here several times).

We took the view that losing the trust of customers if badged as being iffy on the way we paid taxes would be far more damaging in the long run than having an active strategy of minimising tax for profit.

Edit - another similar example is where firms did not avail themselves of all the support offered during lockdown.

Governments are usually economically conservative and socially liberal.
Though they become more left wing regarding size of state, fiscal stimulus and taxes.

The Overton window has been hovering centre left on economics, whilst talking conservative and left wing to far left, on social policy.

Of course people on the radical left deny this, claiming they’re in fact living through a time of ‘far right tory extremisim’, which no sensible person would agree with, given we have the highest taxes, largest state, government spending, regulations on record and the majority of MP’s are too scared or unable to state what a women is.
Cameron, Sunak and Johnson weren’t conservative. More straight up and down centrists. They mostly played the books according to the markets.

Last edited:
The Play - "Luv, Labour's Lost" - with apologies to Shakespeare

Scene : A room in 10 Downing Street

Actors: Keir Starmer, Wes Streeting, David Ricks - Chair and CEO of Eli Lilly

Ricks : We'd like to invest £280 million in the UK

Starmer and Streeting together : Oh Wow. Fantastic. Thank you. We'll get the litte people to get the contracts drawn up.

Ricks : Oh by the by, can we use the UK population as a guinea-pig for our anti-obesity drug ?

Starmer: Oh, I'm not sure about that. I mean we had all that trouble with the anti-vaxers. Not sure how we can sell that idea to the population.

Streeting: Ooooh, I know. Let's say it's to get people back to work. Fits in with our sound-bites.

Starmer: Oh, you're so clever, Wes. Anyone else for a polo mint to celebrate?

Curtain down

Cynic ? Moi ?

Latest posts

Back