Itech scrollsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all, my Axminster pro scrollsaw has gone bang and now vibrates like bu...r (it used to run like a rolls royce). So due to limitations with arthritis, bad eyesight and general old age I can't manage to have a look at it. I also can't think of anyone to repair it apart from Axminster and my nearest Axminster is 90 miles away and a temporary medical ban on driving rules that out! So I've had a look round at available saws but I don't want used gear and new Hegners are out of my price range and my preferred choice, a Pegas would have to be imported and I've been burned on importing stuff from Europe already!! While looking round I spotted the Itech 460 which looks a decent saw and also the sellers Scott & Sergeant are reputable people. Unfortunately I don't know this Itech machine, is it just a repainted rebadged bit of tat so was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with this machine and would like to comment, good , bad or indifferent I want to read them all. Sorry to wobble on a bit, put it down to age John

Hi Blister, I thought about it but there doesn't seem much activity on there at the moment.
Any ideas how I transfer a post?

It looks like the Axminster "Hegner clone" in a different paint job. If so it's generally a fairly well regarded machine and there are not that many options in that mid range price point.

Thanks both for your replies. Does Axminster still sell the Hegner clone saw, I had a look but couldn't find it?
Doesn't appear to be at the minute but I'm sure it'll be back, they have a brief description of it at https://www.axminstertools.com/ideas-advice/the-art-of-scroll-sawing-part-3/ Price last time I saw it was broadly similar or slightly higher to that you've already found. They do appear used on eBay on a semi regular basis, price is variable but generally under £250.

Latest posts

Back