Issue with GTS 10 blade lower/rise mechanism

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrspach

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. Recently I got myself Bosch GTS 10 table saw. As I strted to set it upo I noticed that to rise it in normal position was very difficult however to lower it was smooth as I would expect but admittedly there was some vibration coming from it. I tried to clean the cogs and the screw and that is when I noticed that when the saw was upside down it raised and lowered smoothly.
Any ideas what it could be or how to adjust it? Thank you.

What I am trying to figure out what bolt (no 23 on the replacement parts scheme) does to the moving mechanism as from the position it should somehow interact with the rise/fall rod. Any sensible ideas?

Mine one was made in 2008 and model is 3601 L 30270. Here is the scheme for it https://www.powertoolspares.com/bosch/table-saw-gts-10.m/3601l30270/spares and I appologise I mistyped the part as my query could be around part no 32 which is Bolt with spring washer or Bushing part no 60. But really what I am asking if someone know how the moving mechanism (connection) is done from the threaded rod to the motor frame itself. From fidling with it so far without taking it apart there could be a possibility also due to age that the bushing is possibly worn so much that it allows play in the whole sliding mechanism which then can initiate the increased resistance when trying to raise it up. Once I decrease the weight of the motor by slightly pulling on the arm where ti rivving knife is attached or by turning whole saw upside down it works much better.
Reason why I am asking about the bolt with the spring washer speciffically is that when I picked the saw from the floor to place it on the stand this bolt fell on the floor and so far I can not find any other place on the saw where else it could go. I could be completely wrong on this but it is different from all the other bolts and there is no other place I can find apart from this one on the rise mechanism and it would make sense if the reason for it would be to adjust the play.work of the mechanism itself.

Back