I hate Wimbledon or to be precise.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":2oo4uf9k said:
Roger watching Iplayer on a PC with a 26" monitor only 3ft away is as good as a 40" flat screen TV. :)
This time windows definately wins. :wink:

You must send me the plans for your tiered seating, dw :wink:

RogerS":1d7biivl said:
devonwoody":1d7biivl said:
Roger watching Iplayer on a PC with a 26" monitor only 3ft away is as good as a 40" flat screen TV. :)
This time windows definately wins. :wink:

You must send me the plans for your tiered seating, dw :wink:

I'm sitting at computer chair and wife stands behind me. But would need extensive change of lifestyle for you and Mac. :)

Anyone know what the resolution is of the iPlayer TV programmes? I just have a sense that on a large screen it will be as grainy as anything and riddled with artefacts.

I'm sure I heard it reported yesterday that 90% of households now had a TV that received 'digital' in one form or another. So why not transmit the normal programs and if the tennis (or other sport) overruns the scheduled timeslot make it available using 'the red button'. They have done this with other sports.

That way they can keep everybody (or the 90% of households with digital) happy.

Misterfish

I assume one of the BBC problems is that they have paid up front for the sport coverage and if it is not broadcast there would be a moan on a public body paying and then not showing. In other words more wasted money.

I remember in the 60's the world cup and some eldery ladies wanting to watch Coronation Street and us younger bloods wanting to watch football whilst we were entombed at a hotel because of our job.

I told the old ladies that Corrie Stret was cancelled. (it wasnt of course but then I was young then)

devonwoody":bbkj6n86 said:
I assume one of the BBC problems is that they have paid up front for the sport coverage and if it is not broadcast there would be a moan on a public body paying and then not showing. In other words more wasted money.

I remember in the 60's the world cup and some eldery ladies wanting to watch Coronation Street and us younger bloods wanting to watch football whilst we were entombed at a hotel because of our job.

I told the old ladies that Corrie Stret was cancelled. (it wasnt of course but then I was young then)

No-one is suggesting that they not broadcast Wimbledon. Simply dedicate one channel (eg BBC1) exclusively for Wimbledon (and any other sport that might be around) for the Wimbledon fortnight. Then, from what would have been broadcast in a 'normal' fortnight on both BBC1 and 2, make a selection and schedule those for the second channel (eg BBC2). Then everyone knows where they stand.

Latest posts

Back