Hello from the West Midlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snorkel

Reaction score
Just joined today and looking around wished I'd done it a while ago.
Retired a few years ago and not being able to play golf during Covid lockdown got me started making stuff from scrap wood found in tips, local building sites and neighbours house refurbs. After covid I carried on. I'm no good at it but it's very enjoyable just making stuff up as I go along.
Been looking at some of the work you guys do. Wow! some amazing stuff!

Hi there and welcome- yes when the carpentry bug ( or should that be worm lol 😂) bites and takes hold it infectious. Think mine started many years ago out of boredom and curiosity. Then there was that smell when you cut into old reclaimed timber .. look forward to seeing your work and fret not there are lots of newcomers who join but there are all levels of skill here and all are welcome 🤗

Hi. I'm a new boy myself. It's a good forum I reckon. I'm from the West Midlands myself originally.

Ow am yer? :)

Welcome, and remember we all started somewhere, as an old joiner friend once said, you only ever see the good work, if you look under my bench you will see all the failed attempts. Keep it simple, and practice I am sure you will do fine.

Back