Festool Saw Stop Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought a new Table saw without a fence?, well I just paid a visit to Axminster store Sittingbourne to have a look at the Festool SawStop saw, and it did look good and solid, it had a mitre fence but no main fence, and when I asked where the fence was I was told that the fence came in the accessories pack? that this was just the basic saw for £2400, the accessories pack is another about £1240, which includes side table, rear table, sliding table and fence, but I only wanted the fence, I am not paying £1240 for the fence, I think this is stupid, it is like buying a new car only to find that the steering wheel is extra, I have some Festool tool since 2015 and they are still as good as new, but I will not be buying this saw, Rant over

I expect the fences are the same as for the CS70, in which case the mitre fence used at 0 degrees makes a passable rip fence (but not as good as the dedicated rip fence per Distinterior's post above). Difference is enough for me always to swap over (bar maybe a few times for one smaller rip).

Back