Handrail brackets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://stairpartsdirect.co.uk/range/handrail-bracket/

Elderly neighbour asked me to put up a handrail for them on staircase. Seems fairly straightforward other than the bracket linked above. It comes with 5 screws but they are 3.5 x 30mm. I'm sure they would be fine for the handrail end but the other end is going into the wall which is masonry.

I am assuming these things are designed to attach to a wooden bracket on the wall or something? I can't believe they think 30mm is going to work in masonry.

Sure i could use longer screws but my issue is they need to be decorative and I know from experience that finding chrome screws in certain sizes can often be tricky / frustrating.

So before I go down that route, does anybody know if the normal way to install these is into a wooden wall plate rather than direct to the wall (if that makes sense)?

Thanks

Ive fitted lots of these handrails commercially and residential.
Firstly safety is paramount as if it gives way when someome pulls on it serious injuries can occur. Also liability issues with fitter. If its masonary fix with at least 5x50 or 60 screws 6mm hole red plug. If studs find them and same screws again should do.. i have used black brackets too and put black permanent marker on screw heads.

Latest posts

Back