grommet saying hi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grommet

Reaction score
Hi all,
new to the site and to woodwork, i'm currently fitting out a small (tiny compared to most) workshop in the garden. Last year I Inherited my father inlaws tools and used his garage/workshop to make my first project. I decided to make a swing seat for my wife, as a sought of tribute to her dad. Ordered the wood and had a go. It took a couple of weeks as it was nearly all done using hand tools. (my father inlaw didn't like power tools)
Anyway it turned out ok, and my wife loves it, so thats cool. Have learnt loads from reading many of the previous threads. Have also enjoyed looking at pictures of all the projects. It makes me feel very humble in this company, but can also understand now, why my father inlaw spent so long in his workshop. I'm hooked!
take care
grommet

hi grommet and welcome to the forum.

glad to see your enjoying your inhereted hand tools.

how long will it be before you start on the slippery slope of "power tools "?

whatever you do don't feel humble :lol:

you have finished a project, your customer the wife, is happy, and
you want to make new things, so keep on coming we need new blood to corrupt :twisted: :roll:

paul :wink:

hi grommet, welcome to the forum. its nice to get people on here with all sorts of skills whether a pro or just starting. the best thing about this forum its free, educating,funny, serious, but above all else you get a nice bunch of people here who will give you good advice on any subject. i am only a hobbyist but remember, if you lok after your tools your tools will look after you. greggy. :D

Hi Grommet,
Welcome to the forum. As you will have seen, there is no shortage of folk who prefer to use hand tools.

Don't hesitate to post pictures of your work!

Hi Grommet, welcome, while it's laudible and a marvelous skill to use only handtools have you noticed that the members who are the greatest advocates for this slippery slope are still up at 4 a.m. :) :)

Dom

Hi all,
thanks for the welcome, would post a picture of the seat but haven't a clue how.
Something else to learn.
take care all
grommet

Latest posts

Back