Glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throbscottle

Established Member
Reaction score
I started making a small chest of drawers a long while back for some of my electronics stuff - when started it was only supposed to be quick, rough and ready.

But then I found some old boards I really liked and started making fronts from them. The fronts are fairly close fitted to each other, and I've only made a couple at a time at long intervals. So I did the first full width one yesterday, and it really highlighted how wonky the carcass is!

So I've started sticking thin strips of wood to some of the bottom edges of some of the drawers. I used the glue that came to hand since I took the wood to the drawers and not the other way round.
It is "Dovecraft Acrylic Craft glue". Has proved very effective for the bits and pieces (not wood!) I've used it for.
So I was wondering if it's a Done Thing, using acrylic glue in woodwork for small things?

Seems ok. Normally I do use PVA, but this was to hand. I just wondered if anyone uses acrylic glue for wood in general.

Latest posts

Back