Garage Doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of having a bespoked garage door for my workshop. The original garage door was removed by the previous owner to create a hobby room in the garage. I am thinking of retaining the side UPVC door and install a roll up garage door if possible. Any suggestions of a good company to use and what sort of figures are we looking at roughly

Photo attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7039.jpeg
    IMG_7039.jpeg
    2.6 MB
I had two Hormann sectional doors fitted last year. They were produced to fit two different openings. They seem pretty good, but they don’t get much use and the garages are not heated, so don’t know how well insulated they are.

I am toying with the idea of having a bespoked garage door for my workshop. The original garage door was removed by the previous owner to create a hobby room in the garage. I am thinking of retaining the side UPVC door and install a roll up garage door if possible. Any suggestions of a good company to use and what sort of figures are we looking at roughly

Photo attached.

Thanks
I used Garrola last year for my garage. £895 supplied and fitted, basic white no frills electric.
The fitter was excellent, really neat job.

Would say though that roller doors like these are fairly easy to cut through. If you want or need higher security then you need to go down the route of commercial steel roller shutters, which are much more expensive.

Are you talking of retaining the door in the picture? - The garage door would be very narrow. It's possible to have a pedestrian door in the garage door called a wicket door

I had BiFolds installed (aluminium frames double glazed), you can have flush and raised cill units depending on what you want them for. I bought them for Northwich Glass and they installed them. They worked out cheaper than a single or a double garage door!

Back